feel like a pro
Ride the big classics just like the pros
The Etixx Classics Tour guarantees 9 unique and professionally organised tours that offer you the opportunity to experience the genuine cycling classics just like the pros. You ride on the same course as the pros, which results in the ultimate "feel like a pro"- experience. On each tour, you can choose from at least 3 different distances.
As the icing on the cake, you'll get the Etixx Classic on top of it. That produces a calendar with 10 beautiful tours thanks to Etixx. Each and every one is a bucket list event for every passionate cyclist.
Every event is organised in the same, professional way, which leads to the following advantages for our participants:
- Accident insurance (no helmet = not insured)
- Assistants to sign the way / the start/finish
- Plenty of provisions at each checkpoint, offering Etixx sports nutrition and drinks, water and a wide choice of fruit and biscuits
- Technical assistance and breakdown service
- Medical service at every checkpoint and at the finish
- Info card showing the hills, cobblestone sections and provisions zones
- Excellent signage along the route
- Secured bicycle shed
- Changing rooms with showers
- Massage at the race finish
Spring Calendar 2020
Our autumn rides will be announced later.
ETIXX SPORTS NUTRITION
Etixx fuels your goal
Etixx Sports nutrition offers athletes healthy support for sustainable sport performances. We are proud to enter into this partnership with Etixx for 3 years. This way we can guide all sportsmen and women with their preparation and in reaching the finish line.
In a higher gear with Etixx
Sufficient training is the key to success, but without a healthy diet and the right sports nutrition before, during and after every ride, it will never be possible to achieve your full potential with training alone. Athletes in general - because of their physical efforts - have a higher need for vitamins and minerals. The reduced presence of vitamins and minerals in our fruit and vegetables compared to roughly 20 years ago, combined with the insufficient intake of it (due to an often unhealthy diet), means that also cyclists need to pay extra attention to this. Additional supplements are therefore highly recommended.
The complete range of Etixx sports nutrition and supplements supports you fully at this point, all products comply therefore with the highest quality requirements and have the Informed Sports quality label.
To optimally assist the participants in the selection of the most appropriate sports nutrition during the Etixx Classics tour rides, Etixx develops a specific feeding plan for every ride with the optimal provisioning incorporated into it. You will each time find this information on the individual website of every classic. Be sure to visit one of the Etixx partner pharmacies to choose the right product.
Here is an example for more than 3 hours of racing:
(click to enlarge. ESC to close)
The organisation recommends everyone not to perform heavy exercise without sufficient physical preparation. Make smart choices in terms of the distance you wish to complete and the pace you want to run at. Those who want to exercise at a high intensity, with performance in mind, are urged to get a yearly medical check-up by a qualified (sports) physician.
It is not necessary to present medical certificates. It is up to the participant to decide what to do with his or her medical information. As such the organisation is not responsible in this area.
Find more information about health and exercise here.
Exercise is fun, healthy and safe for most people. However, some people have an increased risk of problems during physical activity, which may require extra medical follow-up. If you meet one or several of the conditions below, it is recommended you contact your doctor or undergo a sports-medical examination before taking up more intensive forms of exercise:
- You are taking medication to treat high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, pulmonary disease.
- At some point you suffered from coughing, shortness of breath or other breathing disorders during or after efforts or you have asthma.
- You smoked in the past 5-10 years or you have not stopped smoking for longer than 6 months after a period of 5-10 years.
- You have high blood pressure and/or increased cholesterol value
- You fainted or became dizzy during or after an effort
- You have ever had palpitations, arrhythmias or pain in the chest during or after doing exercise or you have ever been told that you have a heart murmur
- A member of your family, younger than 55, suddenly died because of health problems (cardiovascular disease, cot death)
- You have problems of the liver, kidneys or thyroid gland, diabetes
Charity: Vzw Stop Darmkanker
Vzw Stop Darmkanker is a young, dynamic and independent ngo with the following motto: sharing knowledge can save lives.
Stop Darmkanker is a non-profit organisation that wishes to convince people that an early detection of colorectal cancer and bowel polyps will decrease the mortality rate by colorectal cancer drastically. Colorectal cancer is a silent killer.
Every year more than 8.500 Belgians are diagnosed with colorectal cancer. Every day, nine people die from this disease. Colorectal cancer is the second most common type of cancer for women and the third most common for men. If colorectal cancer is detected in an early stage, people have more than 90% chance to be cured. But the knowledge about colorectal cancer is unsatisfactory. More funds are needed to fight this disease.
And your contribution can be life-saving. While signing up you have the possibility to donate 5, 10 or 15 euro to vzw Stop Darmkanker.
More information on www.stopdarmkanker.be
The essential Guide for cycling in Flanders
Why not stay around a bit longer? Suffer like a proper Flandrien on Flanders' famous bergs & cobbles.
Discover impressive routes, cool events, challenging bucket lists and tips to plan your stay!
Pay a visit to Flanders' famous historic cities and quench your thirst with our famous beers.
Discover Flanders like a real Flandrien!
We are very much interested in how you have experienced our event. Please send us your remarks, reactions or ideas. We would love to hear from you.